Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Day 11 - 30 Days of Biking


Well, no ride today for the first time in the five years that I've been doing 30 Days of Biking in April. I badly sprained my ankle yesterday morning on the first day of a dance class. I rode home from the dance class after the sprain and had a difficult time, especially when I first got on the bike to pedal. I had x-rays taken this morning to make sure there wasn't a fracture. There is significant pain if I put any weight on it. Fortunately, it's just a sprain. The prescription for healing is ice, elevate, rest. I've been hobbling around, using my mom's cane for support. I didn't think a sprain could hurt this much. So, I will probably not be riding my bike for the next week or so. We shall see...  Maybe that's a good thing, seeing as how there is snow in the forecast for Friday and Saturday! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment