Sunday, April 7, 2019

Seven Days of 30 Days of Biking

Day 1 - Morning strength class at the senior center.
Seven days of 30 Days of Biking have passed. I've ridden every day, not very far, mostly to run errands.
Day 2 - Election day. In addition to voting, I was an election worker.
My longest ride, a road ride, was 15 miles. The mountain bike trails are all closed until the frost comes out of the ground and there is no longer a risk of damaging them.
Day 3 - Spring Lake is still frozen
The lakes are still frozen but the snow is disappearing, especially today when it warmed up to the mid-50s and rained hard in the late afternoon. Glad I went for my ride earlier in the day. I can't believe the long-range forecast is predicting up to 15" of snow Wednesday thru Thursday!
Day 4 - Three short rides. First, to the dentist for a crown.
Day 4 - Ride #2, to the library for book club.
Day 4 - Ride #3, to Out of the Woods Winery
Day 5 - More short rides. To the bank...
...and then to pick up some groceries.
This year, I decided I wouldn't post something each day. Rather, I'm doing a compilation of my rides. I find that when I get on the computer, it becomes a time suck and I almost invariably spend more time than I originally intended sitting in front of it. And this is a waste and makes me feel icky.
Day 6 - To the drugstore to get the Shingles vaccine. Ugh!
Day 6 - Ride #2 to get cupcakes!

I like writing haikus to go along with my rides. My haiku for the first six days:
Six days of biking
Errands, here, there, everywhere
A mix of weather
Day 7 - To the end of Airport Road

No comments:

Post a Comment