Saturday, April 2, 2016

30 Days of Biking - Day 2

As the sun was about to set, shortly after 7 p.m., with shadows long, I set out on my short and wimpy ride to the end of my block and back on the fat bike.

I awoke this morning to more snow on the ground than yesterday that had fallen overnight, temperature in the 20s (F), snow still falling and blustery winds gusting to over 30 mph. I had to work at the co-op art gallery where I am a member in Cable today and thought about riding there (over 40 miles round-trip), but with near white-out conditions it didn't take me long to give up on that idea. So, I chose my back-up ride for when I'm feeling wimpy--a one-mile ride to the end of my block and back.

I have to admit, I'm tired of having to face cold and snow in April.

2 comments:

  1. "I'm tired of having to face cold and snow in April."
    Consider moving to Alaska, Barb :) We've had only two inches of snow since January 1. The flowers are out and the trees are blooming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John - Wow, the flowers are out and the trees are blooming! Wish I was there. We have snow in the forecast for the next four days. :-(

      Delete