Saturday, April 30, 2016

30 Days of Biking - Day 30, Loons

When Mike and I set out on our ride this afternoon, the winds were blowing again at 20 mph or more. We rode to the bike path by the golf course via Riverside and Hospital Roads and then followed the path across Hwy 63 until we got to the bridge over the Namakagon River on Hwy 27.
At that point, Mike decided he'd had enough of the wind and headed home. I wanted to get in a longer ride, so I continued on my own and did the Anderson/Rainbow/Williams Road loop in reverse of the way we usually ride it. I was hoping to be able to make a photograph of a Great Blue Heron but the two that I spotted flew away as soon as they saw me. One was on the water right in front of this bench.
But, I was lucky enough to see a pair of Common Loons and they didn't fly away.
It's been a somewhat challenging 30 Days of Biking, my third year in a row of making the commitment to ride every day in April. Once again, I'm glad I did it. It's a great motivator and a great way for me to start the riding season. Thanks for following along. #30daysofbiking

No comments:

Post a Comment