Wednesday, April 30, 2014

30 Days of Biking - Day 30

Thanks to all who've been following along with my 30 Days of Biking in April! I've appreciated your support and encouragement. It's been great fun to share the experience with words and photos each day.
Special thanks to Iras and Ethel for joining me on my 30th day of riding. It was great to have their company on the ride. After yesterday's snow storm, surprisingly, even the back roads we took were clear of snow and slush. Fortunately, we encountered only light rain during the ride.
Along our route we passed cows with young calves curious about our presence
and a flock of turkey vultures that alighted on top of an old barn.
At the end of our ride, we stopped for a cup of coffee at Backroads Coffee & Tea.
And to my delight and surprise, Iras presented me with a special memento to commemorate my 30 Days of Biking, a Sara Balbin bike sculpture adorned with words appropriate to the experience.

Onward to May and, let us hope, an improvement in the weather. My next endeavor is to successfully complete a 200K (120 mile) brevet in 13.5 hours or less at the end of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment