Sunday, April 19, 2015

30 DOB - Day 19

Another ride late in the day, just as a few sprinkles and then light rain began to fall. My favorite "short" ride is down Riverside and then over to Airport Road, off of which there is a quiet little park that borders the Namekagon River with a couple of benches, a picnic table and a path down to a small dock on the river's edge. Thanks to the Knowles-Nelson Stewardship Program for this park.
I rode the Peugeot again today. A few detail shots of the bike follow, the first being a bell from France with the trademark Peugeot lion. Mike did a post on his blog about building up this Peugeot for me and converting it to a 650B from a bike that originally had 27" wheels. He found the bike on eBay from a seller in Poland.
A mostly metal (rather than plastic) Simplex derailleur.

A French-made fluted seatpost painted to match the gold pin-striping on the lugs.
These 650B tires are the most comfortable tires I've ever ridden. And even though they're wider than the tires on my other road bikes, they don't sacrifice performance.
I've been wanting to take a closer look at this old railroad bridge that crosses the Namekagon River and is accessible from Airport Road. So today was the day...
I thought about riding over the bridge, a la Danny MacAskill, but then thought perhaps I'd better practice my trials skills a bit more... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment