Thursday, April 23, 2015

30 DOB - Day 23

After yoga this morning I walked this trail all the way around Smith Lake Pond. This is the same trail I partially explored a week ago. There are a couple of benches along the trail and two bridges that cross an incoming and outgoing stream.
I noticed buds beginning to leaf out along the trail...
...and what appeared to be a geocache hanging from a tree.
I also saw a pair of Hooded Mergansers on the pond.
After my morning ride, and after it had warmed up to almost 50F, Mike and I headed out on an afternoon ride past Spring Lake.
On April 26 a year ago, Spring Lake looked like this:
We saw our first Great Blue Heron of the season today but I wasn't quick enough to get a photograph. We also saw about six Painted Turtles on the lakes along Williams Road. We saw these Scaups (Lesser, I think) on Spring Lake as we rode by.

No comments:

Post a Comment